I am often asked for suggestions on what to wear. Picking out clothes for a session can be fun when you understand what you are looking for. Here are five tips to help you prepare for your session:
1. Coordinate! Choose a multi-colored piece of clothing and then choose the rest of the clothes based on that particular color scheme.
2. Don't be afraid of patterns and textures. They can add visual interest and depth when done well.
3. Accessorize! Jewelry, hats and ties can really make your photos pop.
4. Avoid matching clothes perfectly. All white or all black clothes make photos look dated.
5. Comfort comes first! If you are uncomfortable in your clothes, it will show in your photos. This is especially true for children. It is more important that they are happy than perfectly dressed.